Social security is a powerful financial planning tool for financial security – especially so for women. Why is that? Whether you are single, married, divorced, or widowed, your social security choice is essential to consider for your financial future. This presentation will cover:
- Why social security is such an important planning tool for a woman’s financial security
- How much Social Security you stand to receive over your lifetime
- How the decisions you make in your 60s can determine the amount of income you'll have in your 80s
- How to take advantage of spousal benefits, survivor benefits, divorced-spouse benefits, and even divorced-spouse survivor benefits
- How to coordinate your own retirement benefit with benefits you might receive as a spouse or divorced spouse
- Why women who are married should make the decision about when their spouses should apply for Social Security
- Why you should consider your spouse’s life expectancy when deciding when to claim your own retirement benefit.
- What to do if your husband or ex-husband dies
- What to do if your marital status changes
This seminar is perfect for women and for men who have women they care about in their lives (wives, sisters, mothers). It features essential information all women need to have if they are concerned about financial security in retirement.
This event is complimentary to all and will be held via Zoom. There will be no replays available after the event.
About the presenter:
Kelsey Ponesse, CPA, is the Wealth Planning Advisor at Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors. At MSWA, she focuses on advanced planning topics for clients such as retirement planning, distribution planning, tax planning, social security, estate planning, investment management, and risk mitigation, and pulls these complex topics all together into a simplified, practical financial plan. She stresses that financial plans start with what is important to her clients, and the numbers will follow. This makes every financial plan custom and individualized. Kelsey has a passion for working with women as she believes that women have unique financial needs of their own that need to be a center of a financial plan, and at times these can be overlooked.
Kelsey holders her Certified Public Accountant license, as well as an MBA and BS in Accounting from Alfred University. She holds her Series 7 with LPL Financial and Series 66 with LPL Financial & Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors, as well as NY Life Insurance license.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advice offered through Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor. Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors and Marshall & Sterling Wealth Management are separate entities from LPL financial.
Date and Time
Thu, Nov 18, 2021
12:00p - 1:00p EST
Zoom Webinar Meeting
This event is complimentary to all and will be held via Zoom. You will receive your link to attend prior to the event. There will be no replays available after the event.