A couple’s social security strategy not only affects today, but can impact you and your spouse for the rest of your lives. Social security can be a powerful tool to protect your family’s income needs long down the road. In this seminar we focus on Social Security strategies for married couples, and what couples need to consider when electing to start their social security. We cover topics such as:
- How much Social Security you and your spouse stand to receive over your joint lifetime
- Rules and guidelines for when spouses should apply for benefits
- How the decisions you make in your 60s can determine the amount of income you – or your surviving spouse – will have in your 80s and 90s
- How spouses with little or no prior earnings can take advantage of Social Security benefits
- The number-one most important thing all higher-earning spouses should do
- Two key things you need to know about Social Security survivor benefits
- How remarriage affects survivor benefits from a former spouse
- How to avoid mistakes at your Social Security office
This workshop is primarily for married couples as it discusses Social Security benefits available to spouses.
This event is complimentary to all and will be held via Zoom. Attendees are limited and pre-registration is required by Friday, February 26, 2021. There will be no replays available after the event.
About the presenter:
Kelsey Ponesse, CPA, is the Wealth Planning Advisor at Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors. At MSWA, she focuses on advanced planning topics for clients such as retirement planning, distribution planning, tax planning, social security, estate planning, investment management, and risk mitigation, and pulls these complex topics all together into a simplified, practical financial plan. She stresses that financial plans start with what is important to her clients, and the numbers will follow. This makes every financial plan custom and individualized. Kelsey has a passion for working with women as she believes that women have unique financial needs of their own that need to be a center of a financial plan, and at times these can be overlooked.
Kelsey holders her Certified Public Accountant license, as well as an MBA and BS in Accounting from Alfred University. She holds her Series 7 with LPL Financial and Series 66 with LPL Financial & Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors, as well as NY Life Insurance license.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advice offered through Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor. Marshall & Sterling Wealth Advisors and Marshall & Sterling Wealth Management are separate entities from LPL financial.
Date and Time
Thu, Mar 04, 2021
4:00p - 5:00p EST
Zoom Webinar Meeting
This event is complimentary to all and will be held via Zoom. You will be sent your link to attend prior to the event on March 4th.